All About MBA Degree Courses, Admission, Eligibility, Fees and Syllabus:- MBA (MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION) degree is an internationally recognized degree designed to develop the skills required for a career in business and management . MBA is currently the most popular professional degree program in the world. Today more than 2,500 MBA programs are offered around the world
- 1 WHAT IS MBA?
- 2 Details About MBA Course
- 3 LIST OF MBA COURSE
- 4 Types of MBA
- 5 Entrance Exam For MBA:
- 6 MBA Eligibility
- 7 MBA SYLLABUS
- 8 Admission Process For MBA
- 9 TOP COUNTRY FOR MBA STUDY
- 10 TOP CITY IN INDIA FOR MBA STUDY
- 11 TOP MBA COLLAGES IN INDIA
- 12 TOP MBA COLLAGES IN UK
- 13 Frequently Ask Questions About MBA
WHAT IS MBA?
MBA can also be useful for those trying a managerial career in public sector, government, private industry and other fields. Most MBA programs include a “team” curriculum of subjects, such as accounting, economics, marketing and operations, as well as alternative courses that allow participants to pursue their own personal or business interests. Some schools require that MBA students complete an internship at a company or organization to provide solid job opportunities after the degree.
Business schools generally require candidates to have at least a few years of professional work experience before starting an MBA program. Applicants are asked to submit Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRI) scores, academic transcripts, letters of reference, and an essay or statement of purpose indicating why they wish to pursue an MBA . Non-native English speakers usually have to prove sufficient English skills with TOEFL or IELTS scores, or through previous educational experience.
Details About MBA Course
Degree – Masters,
Full-Form – Master of Business Administration
Duration – Duration of Master of Business Administration [MBA] is 2 years.
Age limit – No specific age limit
Minimum Percentage – Minimum 50% in Bachelor’s degree
Subjects Required – Honors or Graduate degree recognized by UGC
Average Fees Incurred – INR 3 Lakh – 10 Lakh per annum
Similar Options of Study – PGDM
Average Salary Offered – INR 6.56 Lakh per annum
Employment Roles – Marketing Manager, Senior Business Analyst, SAP Consultant, HR Manager, Business Development Manager, Financial Analyst, Business Analyst (IT), Operations Manager, Marketing Executive, etc.
Placement Opportunities – EY (Ernst & Young), Genpact, Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp, HDFC Bank Pvt Ltd, HCL Technologies Ltd., Infosys Limited, Accenture, Wipro Technologies Ltd., Amazon.com Inc, Tech. Mahindra Ltd etc.
The Master of Business Administration [MBA] is a professional master’s degree in business administration Management. The duration of MBA course for full-time course is 2 years, which is divided into 4 semesters.
Management Theory and Practice, Leadership and Entrepreneurship, Financial Markets, Instruments, and Business & Corporations Law are part of the MBA curriculum. Subjects like accreditation bodies, specifically, are part of the MBA curriculum. Accreditation bodies, especially for MBA programs, ensure the sustainability and quality of education. The curriculum helps to build the following in its students:
- Provides a strong theoretical foundation in business concepts.
- Provides practical opportunities through internships, group assignments and individual projects for students to test what they learn in the classroom.
- Builds hard skills in the areas of management and leadership.
- Polishes a range of soft skills such as communication, motivation and negotiation.
Opens up global opportunities for career development. MBA career opportunities are in various employment sectors like-
- multinational corporations
- professional consulting
- industrial houses and many more.
MBA allows students to start an independent business after graduation. Colleges like Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies, Faridabad, Xavier Labor Relations Institute, Jamshedpur, Faculty of Management Studies, Delhi are top colleges for MBA in India. MBA course fee is 3 lakh to 10 lakh per annum.
The MBA syllabus covers various fundamental practices, dos and don’ts of the industry while teaching the students about the ethics and practices of the Indian market. The job and scope of MBA is huge as there is dire need of efficient management of private firm or government sector. The general expectation of a graduate of MBA syllabus is the placement of the individual in the managerial responsibility of the department for which he/she is hired.
LIST OF MBA COURSE
- Executive MBA
- MBA Airline Management
- MBA Banking
- MBA in Aviation Management
- MBA Business Analytics
- MBA Data Analytics
- MBA Data Science and Data Analytics
- MBA Entrepreneurship
- MBA Fashion Designing
- MBA in Financial Management
- MBA Hospital Administration
- MBA Hotel Management
- MBA Information Technology
- MBA International Business
- MBA in Logistics Management
- MBA Materials Management
- MBA in Pharmaceutical Management
- MBA in Retail Management
- MBA Sales and Marketing
- MBA in Supply Chain Management
- MBA Tourism
- MBA Travel and Tourism
- MBA in Healthcare Management
- MBA Hospital Management
- MBA HR
- MBA Interior Design
- MBA Logistics
- MBA Marketing
- MBA in Operations Management
- MBA Project Management
- MBA in Safety Management
- MBA in Sports Management
- MBA Systems Management
- MBA Tourism and Hospitality Management
MBA full form is Master of Business Administration. It is a postgraduate academic degree awarded for a course or program in business administration. It is one of the most sought courses that can be availed by the students of any stream. MBA degree in India is exam-oriented and focuses on the theoretical aspects of management.
Types of MBA
- General MBA – which is often shorter in duration.
- Specialized MBA – Which may take longer but is more marketable.
The program is available in a variety of disciplines, with content focused on:
MBA courses that are offered typically include a thesis component or may even be exclusively research-based. The course strengthens the business theoretical of administration, analytical and practical knowledge base. The MBA degree originated in the United States in the early 20th century when the country industrialized and companies sought a scientific approach to management.
The core syllabus in MBA program cover different areas of business such as
- Human resources
Entrance Exam For MBA:
- Master of Business Administration [MBA] aspirants have to prove their credentials and prepare for a series of grueling exams to get admission in the top MBA colleges of the country on the basis of merit:
- Common Entrance Test: CAT is the important exam conducted by the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) and is preferred as the qualifying exam by most of the top management institutes and B-schools in India.
- Xavier Aptitude Test: Final year students and students with bachelor’s degree can apply for XAT exam, which is conducted by Xavier School of Management.
- Graduate Management Aptitude Test [GMAT]: Conducted by the Graduate Management Admission Council [GMAC], the GMAT exam is the qualifying test for admission to colleges governed by GMAC.
- Common Management Entrance Test [CMAT]: Conducted by the All India Council for Technical Education [AICTE], the CMAT exam is accepted as a qualifying test by a large number of government-sponsored management and professional institutions in India.
- Management Aptitude Test [MAT]: Conducted by All India Management Association [AIMA], MAT exam is considered as a hallmark for admission to government colleges and universities in courses like MBA.
Admission to MBA syllabus is done strictly on the basis of Management Entrance Test conducted at National, State, University/ Institute level. Apart from this, students have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Graduation from any stream with minimum 50% marks or equivalent CGPA from UGC recognized board or equivalent recognition from MHRD,
- Students belonging to SC/ ST or PWD category will require minimum 45% marks to qualify for any MBA entrance test
- Valid scores of MBA entrance exams like CAT, MAT, XAT, SNAP, NMAT and CMAT etc.
I Semester Syllabus
- Joy of Management
- Business Statistics
- Excel Spreadsheet Modelling
- Organisational Behaviour
- Business Research Methodology
- Operation Research
- Macro Economics & Policy
- Marketing of Products and Services
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Finance for Non-Finance
- Marketing and Consumer Behaviour
- Business Communication & Presentation Skills
II Semester Syllabus
- Managing Operations and Supply Chain
- Costing Products and Services
- Indian Banking and Financial Markets
- Managing Stakeholders and Legal Processes
- Bringing Ideas to Market
- Project Management
- Synthesizing and Analyzing Data using R
- Human Resource Management
- Indian Economy in the Global Context
- Managing Financial Resources
- Strategic Management
- Data Science Using R and Python
III Semester Syllabus
- Business Model and Intellectual Property
- Corporate Governance and Social Responsibility
- Applied Business Research
- Management of Design
- Leveraging IT for Business
- Analysing and Mitigating Risk
- Problem Solving and Consulting Skills
IV Semester Syllabus
- Ethics and Indian Ethos
- Leadership Development
- Capstone Simulation
- Integrated Decisions Making
- Applied Business Research Project
Admission Process For MBA
Getting admission in MBA college is not a cakewalk. One has to go through a series of arduous processes to get into the top B-school in India. If you meet the basic eligibility criteria, you will have to appear for any one of the following entrance exams:
- General Entrance Test (CAT)
- Management Aptitude Test (MAT)
- Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP)
- Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT)
- NMAT by GMAC
- Common Management Aptitude Test (CMAT)
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT)
- MICA Entrance Test (MICAT)
- ICFAI Business School Aptitude Test (IBSAT)
The government also conducts exams for admission to MBA government colleges as well as private MBA colleges in the state. Some of them include:
- Gujarat Common Entrance Test (GCET)
- University of Hyderabad CET (UOHYD)
- Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT)
- Karnataka Management Aptitude Test (KMAT)
- Rajasthan Management Aptitude Test (RMAT)
- Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) etc.
There are various management schools in India which conduct individual management entrance exams for admission in their colleges.
- Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI), New Delhi
- SRM University Management Test (SRMJEE)
- Banaras Hindu University (BHU PET)
- Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIITEE)
- University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES-MET) etc.
Here is a combined list of all management entrance exams in national, state and college/ university level MBA exams to take admission in top colleges.
After your MBA entrance exam score is out, you can check the B-school admission issued by that school. You can apply wherever eligible, after which, you will have to go through Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview round.
You can also see the complete information about MBA program in India through this PDF which we have taken from the official website of https://www.iitism.ac.in/
MBA fees in India for full time programs range from Rs 20,000 to Rs 40 lakh. While the fees for MBA programs offered by universities and government colleges are pocket friendly, programs offered by private institutions are expensive.
MBA college fees in India depend on several factors like infrastructure, hostel facility, extra-curricular activities and pedagogy . For example, if an MBA institute offers international immersion program, in which candidates have to visit a foreign university for a semester or a fixed duration, then the course fee of that institute will be higher. On the other hand, if the MBA institute is funded by the government, then the fees will be less.
TOP COUNTRY FOR MBA STUDY
- United States of america. America once again tops the list.
- United Kingdom. The United Kingdom is on the second list.
- Canada. Another North American country is in third place – Canada.
- Australia. Next in our top 10 is another English-speaking destination – this time ‘Land Down Under’.
- India |
TOP CITY IN INDIA FOR MBA STUDY
- Gurgaon, Haryana
- Bangalore, Karnataka
- Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Pune, Maharashtra
TOP MBA COLLAGES IN INDIA
- Indian Institute of Management [IIM Ahmedabad]
- Indian Institute of Management [IIM Bangalore]
- Indian Institute of Management [IIM Calcutta]
- Indian Institute of Management [IIM Lucknow]
- Indian Institute of Management [IIM Kozhikode]
- Indian Institute of Management [IIM Delhi]
- Indian Institute of Technology [IIT Kharagpur]
- Indian Institute of Technology [IIT Roorkee]
- XLRI – Xavier School of Management [XLRI Jamshedpur]
- Indian Institute of Management [IIM Indore]
The most prestigious Master of Business Administration [MBA] colleges in India are:
- Indira Gandhi National Open University [IGNOU New Delhi]
- Symbiosis International University [SIU Pune]
- ICFAI Business School [IBS Hyderabad]
- Sikkim Manipal University [SMU East Sikkim]
- Doctor. Hari Singh Gour University [DHSGU Sagar]
- Annamalai University Distance Learning
- Amity University, Distance and Online Education
- Bharathidasan University [BU] Tiruchirappalli
- Alagappa University Distance Education
- MIT School of Distance Education [MITSDE] Pune
TOP MBA COLLAGES IN UK
- University College London Management MSc | London, UK
- University of Bristol MSc Management | Bristol, UK
- University of Bath Full-time MBA | Bath, UK
- Lancaster University Full-time MBA | Lancaster, UK
- CITY, University of London Full-Time MBA | London, UK
- Durham University MBA Full-Time |Durham, UK
You can also see the complete information of MBA program in UK through this PDF, which we have taken from the official website of https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/
TOP MBA COLLAGES IN USA
- Harvard University MBA | Cambridge, USA
- Stanford University Master of Business Administration Stanford, USA
- The University of Chicago | Full-Time MBA | Chicago, USA
- University of Pennsylvania Master of Business Administration | Philadelphia, USA
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology MBA | Cambridge, USA
- Northwestern University | One Year MBA | Evanston, USA
- Columbia University MBA | New York, USA
- Princeton University Master in Finance Princeton, USA
- University of California – Berkeley Campus Full Time MBA Berkeley, USA
- University of Michigan | Full Time MBA | Ann Arbor, USA
You can also see the complete information of MBA program in USA through this PDF, which we have taken from the official website of https://web.wpi.edu/
TOP MBA COLLAGES IN AUSTRALIA
- Sydney Business School, University of Wollongong, Wollongong, Australia Master of Business Administration-MBA
- The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia | Full-Time MBA
- The University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia Global Executive MBA
- RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia Master of Business Administration
- Monash University, Melbourne, Australia Master of Business Administration
- The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia Master of Business Administration
- The University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia Master of Business Administration
- Deakin University, Burwood, Australia Master of Business Administration (International)
- Victoria University, Melbourne, Australia Master of Business Administration
- La Trobe University, Melbourne, Australia Master of Business Administration
You can also see the complete information of MBA program in Australia through this PDF, which we have taken from the official website of https://www.deakin.edu.au/
Frequently Ask Questions About MBA
Que: What is the full form of MBA?
Ans: The full form of MBA is a Master of Business Administration.
Que: Which is the best college for MBA in India?
Ans: The best MBA College in India is Indian Institute of Management Indore (IIMIDR).
Que: Which is the best college for MBA in USA?
Ans: The best MBA College in the USA is Stanford University and the University of Pennsylvania (Wharton).
Que: What is the average salary after MBA in India?
Ans: The Average Salary after MBA in India is 2.5 Lack to 5 Lack per anuam.